Thursday, July 1, 2010

Crushed!!!

Part of my job description includes composing a write-up for each new experience package that I have managed to secure. In this instance, I managed to get a reputable spa which is part of an international chain of spas to come onboard as our partner supplier. What a joy it was to have a 'world-class' spa as part of experiences provider! And one smack in downtown Kuala Lumpur! As most of our current spas are all in the outskirts of town, we were quite overjoyed that now we have one in town for those customers who do not wish to travel too far out for their relaxation fix.


So, Nik & I went for the meeting, got a tour around the premises, managed to get the agreement signed and I was all set and ready to put all the vibes into words.


16 different spa packages...I was on a roll. 5 down and 11 more to go. I was getting a bit antsy. Come on...how many times only I could keep on using the words like relaxing, rejuvenating, refreshing, pampering, stress reliever and soothing??? But never mind, by hook or crook, I had to get it done. So, 10 down and 6 more to go. I could literally feel my brain juices depleting...I think I even started dreaming about spas. The write-up was the first thing on my mind when I got to office and it was also the last thing on my mind as I left office. Then voila, I did it! 16 spa package write-ups, fresh from the oven, sent to Nik to be uploaded unto our website.


But wait a second, the supplier requested to review the write-ups first before we can upload it. So ok, we send the links to them. Mind you, all the write-ups are based on the brief (read 2-liner) description that the spa provided in the form of a spa menu.


And guess what, in one felling swoop, all my write-ups get shot down! (Mouth wide open in utter disbelief!) What the...and the reason being 'Our regional office in Singapore does not want your description to vary from our standard description. Please use back our own description of the packages. Thank you'. What?!?!?! So, I'm supposed to entice my customers to buy your spa packages based on 4 lines of description???Come on lar!!!!


Well, this is business...We have to keep our suppliers happy. So, they send me their description and it's not in a Word document. It's a JPEG!!!AARRGGHH!!! Cannot copy and paste!!!! So, here I go, start typing again....Amazingly, managed to finish it within 2 hours, I think. And the previous original write-ups took me almost a week....


So, earlier today, we sent the revised packages links to them and yes, it is approved. Managed to squeeze in 2 - 3 sentences on top of their description. So, it's all good.


I'm not going to insert links to the specific spas packages so here's the general page of the spa packages available from RedRibbon Days. http://www.redribbondays.com.my/cart/categories/view/63


Here's to more relaxing, rejuvenating, pampering days ahead! =)

2 comments:

  1. Patience my dear is a virtue - treat it like you are practising your writing, no doubt you are already good at it ! :) Suppliers are our customers too - so take a deep breath and swallow the anger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe...Thanks Sherin...I know now that it's all in a day's work..But nevertheless,it was interesting...trying to be original with each package when I was really running out of words to use...Nvm,i could always 'recycle' the write-up for some other spa =)

    ReplyDelete